Our Racing Code of Conduct
What is our Racing Code of Conduct? The code is based on strong sporting values:
- Fair play
- Good manners
This code not only applies to the competitors but also to all organisers, team members and officials, as well as their families and friends.
What does The Racing Code Include?
- Respect for other participants and their team members
- Good clean racing as well as applauding success
- Avoiding public criticism of drivers or their teams, officials and their decisions.
- Misuse of social media, by posting derogatory or incorrect information, as this could bring the sport in to disrepute.
- Abiding by the MSA, BARC and club rules and regulations, not only while at events but at all times.
- To present yourselves, your vehicles and team in a clean, safe and reliable condition.
It is vital that the spirit of competition and respect are instilled from the very start, especially where attitudes and behaviour are concerned. This code is being put in place from the beginning of the 2017 season to ensure that the sport offers a fair, safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
What if The Racing Code is not followed?
- The organising committee, Clerks of the Course and race stewards, will be mindful of the code in all their decisions and observations. However, we are all responsible for setting consistently high standards and helping to create a positive and enjoyable environment for all.
- Penalties may need to be imposed if the code is not adhered to, and is to be treated as being over and above the general sporting rules that apply, and may include referral to the Championship Stewards